Gallery 345 is an L-shaped space of over 2,000 square feet with 12 foot wood ceilings and plaster and brick walls, designed and lit for the display of art. The gallery is on the first floor of a century-old warehouse in Toronto's West End, just north of the tennis courts in the Sorauren Avenue park. The building was originally a one storey shed built in the 1890s to manufacture pianos. In 1910 a second and third storey was added to the building when manufacturers of ball bearings, then tiles, took possession. Gallery 345 was created in 2005 by Edward Epstein. A native of New York City, Ed married a Canadian and has been living in Toronto since 1987. He has been involved with contemporary music in the city since he arrived and once he established the gallery, he bought a nine foot concert grand to take advantage of the superb acoustics. With the piano and recently purchased recording equipment, Gallery 345 now has the capacity to host and record small ensemble performances and concerts.
345 Sorauren Avenue
Toronto M6R 2G5